Minoan Cup 9 Days
9 DAYS ATHENS & CRETE TOUR
DAY 1 ( Friday 30th March) : ATHENS – PIRAEUS (on board to Chania)
After an International flight we suggest an afternoon arrival at Athens International Airport. Meeting with our representative. Transfer to the port of Piraeus and embarkation at the ferry to Crete. Accommodation in four birth cabins with private facilities. Departure for the island of Crete at 9pm. Enjoy the facilities of the luxury ferry, while crossing the Cretan Sea. Dinner on board. Overnight on board.
DAY 2 (Saturday 31st March) : CHANIA
DAY 3 – DAY 5 ( Sunday 1st th April – Tuesday 3rd April) : CHANIA
2nd Football Minoan Cup.
- 08:00 : Breakfast
- 09:00 – 13:15 : Morning matches
- 13:45 : Lunch
- 14:30 – 16:30 : Relax
- 17:00 – 19:45 : Afternoon matches
- 20:30 : Dinner
Accommodation at the hotel on All Inclusive basis.
DAY 6 ( Wednesday 4th April) : CHANIA
After breakfast, transfer to the stadium for the finals.
- 09:00 – 12:00 Finals.
- 12:30 – 14:00 Closing and Prize giving ceremony.
- 14:30 : Lunch
Afternoon and evening free time at Chania town for shopping. Dinner at the hotel. Overnight Chania.
DAY 7 ( Thursday 5th April): CHANIA – HERAKLION – (On board to Piraeus).
The Palace of Knossos, lies 5 km south to Heraklion and is the largest of the preserved Minoan palatial centers. Four wings are arranged around a central courtyard, containing the royal quarters, workshops, shrines, storerooms, repositories, the throne room and banquet halls. Dated to 2000-1350 B.C.
The Heraklion Archaeological Museum is one of the largest and most important museums in Greece, and among the most important museums in Europe. It houses representative artifacts from all the periods of Cretan prehistory and history, covering a chronological span of over 5,500 years from the Neolithic period to Roman times. The singularly important Minoan collection contains unique examples of Minoan art, many of them true masterpieces. The Heraklion Museum is rightly considered as the museum of Minoan culture par excellence worldwide.
Lunch at a restaurant in the city center. After lunch time free, to stroll in the small alleys and the picturesque squares of the city, admiring and visiting some of the best preserved Venetian monuments of the Mediterranean.
At 8:00 pm embarkation to the cruise ferry for our return journey to Piraeus. Accommodation at 4birth cabins. Dinner on board. Overnight on board.
DAY 8 ( Friday 6th April): ATHENS ( sightseeing tour).
Walking through Amalias’ street , passing by Roman Temple of Olympian Zeus and Adrian’s Arch , you will arrive at the Panathinaikon Stadium (site of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896).
Continuing you will pass by the Presidential House (ex Royal House) at Herodus Atticus str., cross the National Garden and arrive at Syntagma (Constitution) Square where you will see the Parliament and the Monument of the Unknown Soldier, guarded by the Evzones on their traditional uniforms.
Then you will have the experience of one of Athens’ bravura achievements: the Athens Metro. A magnificent marriage of high-tech transportation and archeology, this rapid transit system is a museum in of itself with its marble surroundings, displays of antiquities uncovered during construction and glass-encased artifact exhibits. Nowhere else in the world can one experience the glory of one civilization simultaneously within the urbanity of another.
Upon exiting the Metro you pass by the hill where St. Paul spoke to the Athenians on your way to the top of the Acropolis, home of the Parthenon, dedicated to Athena–the Goddess of Wisdom and Patron Goddess of Athens–the Erechtheion, the Temple Of Athena Niki and the Propylae.
After visiting the hill of Acropolis, your final destination will be the New Acropolis Museum (skip the line tickets), a marvel of architecture with a full exhibition of the glory of Ancient Athens. Lunch at a restaurant in Plaka.
Afternoon and evening free. Dinner at a local restaurant. Overnight Athens.
DAY 9 ( Satrurday 7th April ) : ATHENS (departure).
Morning transfer to Athens airport and departure flight.
PRICE PER PERSON : UPON REQUEST
SERVICES INCLUDED :
- All Transfers and Tours by private air-conditioned coach.
- Ferry tickets Piraeus – Chania and Heraklion – Piraeus in four bedded cabins, with private facilities.
- Dinners and breakfasts on board.
- Participation at the Minoan Cup on All Inclusive basis.
- One extra night in Chania on 4 th April , on All Inclusive basis.
- One night accommodation at a 4 star hotel in Athens , in triple rooms on Bed and Breakfast basis.
- One dinner in Athens at a local restaurant.
- Lunches on days 7 & 8 including bottled water and one soft drink per person.
- Services of licensed English speaking guide for the walking tour of Chania town, the tour to Knossos and Heraklion museum in Crete.
- Services of licensed English speaking Guide for Athens sightseeing tour, Day 8.
- Entrance fees to the following sites: Knossos, Heraklion museum, Acropolis , The New Acropolis Museum.
- Athens Metro tickets (valid for 1,5 hours).
- All taxes, including VAT.